The New Well is committed to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all staff, volunteers and clients. Our aim is to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all who work or visit us.
As a responsible organisation, The New Well will make every endeavour to meet its legal responsibilities. As such, the trustees, management, staff and volunteers are committed to:
• Ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of its staff and volunteers.
• Ensure that no person is exposed to risks by the manner in which we conduct our work.
• Ensure that all places of work under The New Well control and all equipment and substances provided for use in these places are at all times safe and without risk to health.
• Provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
• Consult with our staff and volunteers on matters affecting their health and safety. • Provide and maintain equipment that is safe and without risks to health. • Provide information, instruction and supervision for staff and volunteers. • Ensure our staff and volunteers are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training
• Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
• Provide a system to report incidents and accidents and opportunities for improvement for review, trustee consideration and implementation
• Maintain safe and healthy working conditions
• Follow national guidelines regarding the restrictions, arrangements and hygiene procedures relating to the pandemic situation and clearly communicate this information
Ultimate responsibility for compliance rests with the Trustees.